If you're over forty, female or male and still attractive, then it's a good bet that you're interested in controlling your weight and staying in shape.
Here are 5 tips that you might not have considered that can help you:
1. Decide that you deserve to look good for the rest of your life. This is an often overlooked but very important part of the weight loss problem. When you commit mentally to the process every physical activity becomes so much easier.
2. Set goals that have meaning for you. Do not be motivated by what your partner, children or best friend wants because if it so happens that they are removed from your life, unless it was what you wanted, your commitment might fall apart.
3. Get an accounting partner. Yes! This is important. When you have to account to someone for your actions, you tend to try harder to ensure that those actions are worth talking about. That builds commitment.
4. Take one step at a time. You will soon become frustrated if you start a new diet, join a gym, begin a Sunday hike and commit to a new weight-loss wardrobe all at once. Frustration would be less if you select one or possibly two of the above to start with. Caution: make the wardrobe the last.
5. Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate every success but not with dark chocolate and white wine. Give yourself a gift or treat but in proportion to your achievement. If you have a small success and a give it a big reward, you will not be motivated to strive for big successes